With the introduction of iOS 11, you can now transfer all your data from your current iPhone or iPad to your new using Quick Start. This new feature is convenient and quick to use. But unfortunately, in some cases, it doesn’t work. So what to do if this Quick Start feature isn’t working on your iPhone? In this article, I will go through the causes and explain how to solve this problem.
Check out this article to learn how to use the Quick Start feature properly.
Make sure to have Bluetooth enabled on both devices to be able to use Quick Start. Most likely, you haven’t enabled Bluetooth on your device to make the Quick Start feature work.
Both iPhones Need To Have iOS 11 or Newer
The Quick Start feature is only available for iOS 11 or newer. Meaning, that if you’re running older software on your iPhone or iPad, this option will not work. It may also be the reason why you can’t set up your new device using Quick Start. So what to do to solve this problem?
The very first thing you need to do is to check what iOS software your iPhone is using. Go to Settings > scroll down and tap on General > Tap on Software Update to find out what software your iPhone is running. Your iPhone will now automatically check what iOS software it’s running.
If your iPhone is still on an older iOS version, then I recommend you update it to the latest version. To update your iPhone, tap on Download, and after the new software is downloaded, you can tap on Install to install the latest iOS version.
Check out the following steps before you update your iPhone
- Make sure you’ve created a backup of your iPhone. This way you will not lose your latest data.
- Your iPhone needs to be connected to the internet with wifi.
- Also, your iPhone needs to be plugged into a power source.
Once you’ve updated your iPhone to the latest iOS version, you can go back to Quick Start your new iPhone / iPad. Getting a prompt on your current iPhone is a good sign. It means that the Quick Start feature is working. You can now transfer the data from your current iPhone to your new one.
If your problem is not solved and you still can’t use the Quick Start option, check out the rest of this article to find out where the problem is.
Bluetooth Needs To Be Enabled on Both iPhones
Not having your Bluetooth enabled on both of your iPhones may also cause the problem of not being able to use Quick Start. Bluetooth allows devices to transfer data to one and another. They communicated with each other through Bluetooth. Enabling Bluetooth on both devices will help you use Quick Start properly.
To turn on your Bluetooth, you need to tap on Settings on your home screen > Right at the top on the second section, you will find Bluetooth, tap on it > Then toggle the on and off switch on the right side of the screen.
Go back to your new iPhone and make sure that Bluetooth is also enabled here. If that’s the case, the Quick Start prompt should appear on your current iPhone with the title “Set Up New iPhone.” If that’s the case, tap on continue.
If your current iPhone still doesn’t give you any prompt, you may try the last method to restart both devices all over again.
Try To Restart Both Devices
If the Quick Start feature is still not working, then you may consider restarting both devices. This helps your iPhone to load all the features that it may have turned down from various reasons.
Restarting an iPhone can differ from model to model. Here is a quick reminder on how to restart your iPhone.
iPhone X up to iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Hold both the one of the volume bottons and the Side buttons simultanesly
- A slider will then appear on your screen
- Drag it to the right to turn your iPhone off
- One your iPhone is turned off properly, hold the side button once again to turn it on.
iPhone 5 up to iPhone 8 Plus:
- Hold the side button until the slider appears on your screen
- Drag the slider to the right to turn your iPhone off
- One your iPhone is turned off properly, Hold the Side button once again to turn it on.
- This is How You Unblock a Number or Contact on Your iPhone or iPad.
- The M1 iPad Pro Is Capable Of Downloading Software Updates With 5G – Confirmed By Apple.
- How to connect Beats Headphones to your iPhone.