This is How You Unblock a Number or Contact on Your iPhone or iPad
When the iPhone got introduced, one of the greatest inventions was the ability to block numbers or contacts you don’t want to talk to. But sometimes, you may block someone by accident.
So is it possible to fix this mistake by unblocking this person or number?
The answer is yes. As a matter of fact, you can unblock contacts, unsaved numbers, and even numbers you’ve blocked in the past because you didn’t want to get messages from. In this article, I will walk you through all the steps.
How To Unblock An Unsaved Number On Your iPhone
To unblocking unsaved numbers, you need to go through a slightly different route than if you were to unblock a contact or a saved number. Therefore you need to do the following:
- Go to Settings > tap on Phone. If you do this on an iPad, you need to go to Settings > and tap on FaceTime.
- Go to Blocked Contacts.
- You will get a list with all the numbers you’ve blocked in the past. Go to the number you want to unblock > swipe to the left and tap Unblock.
- Repeat the previous step for all the numbers you want to unblock.
Read Also: How To Connect One Or Multiple Monitors To Your Mac
How To Unblock a Saved Contact
Not only unsaved numbers but saved contacts can be unblocked as well. The steps you have to go through are slightly different from the previous steps.
- First go to you contacts list. You can do this by tapping on your phone
- Search for the contact you want to unblock and tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap Unblock This Caller.
How To Unblock Contacts To Start Receiving Their Text Messages Again
It may happen that you’ve blocked someone in the past to prevent him/her from sending you text messages. But you can always unblock this person, and this is how you do that.
- Go to Settings and tap on Messages.
- Please scroll down to your Blocked Contacts and tap on them.
- Search the number you want to unblock > Swipe to the left and tap on Unblock.
- Repeat the previous step for all the contacts you want to unblock.
The Silencing Unknown Callers’ Option
It may happen that you’ve turned the silencing unknown callers’ option in the past on, and you forgot about it. So if you still can’t get calls from unknown numbers despite following the previous steps, you may consider checking this option to make sure it’s not turned on.
You turn the silencing unknown callers’ option off by doing the following:
- Go to your Settings
- Tap then on Phone
- Scroll down and turn off Silence Unknown Callers
Check if that number is not blocked at your Mobile Phone Company.
Blocking someone on your iPhone is not the only way to prevent someone from calling you. Mobile Phone Companies do this as well. So if you’ve walked through all these steps and a particular number is still not able to call you, you may check at your mobile phone company if the number is not blocked over there.
You can do this by simply call your carrier to check if they have blocked any number in the past. If they find out that they have blocked one or multiple numbers, ask them to unblock the number you’re calling about.