So you’ve lost your own AirPod case, or it got damaged, and you want to replace it with the same one that you had before. Now, you might be wondering whether you can use someone else’s AirPod case or not. And what if you have one but want to use someone else’s when going out and about? In this article, we will discuss if it’s possible to use Someone else’s AirPod charging case. And if so, what you definitely should consider before doing such thing.
Do AirPods Lose Battery When Not in Case?
The answer is yes, your AirPods will lose battery if they aren’t kept in their case, even if the case itself has been charged up and is waiting to be used again.
Is it Possible To Use Someone Else’s AirPods Charging Case?
Yes, it is possible to put your AirPods in someone else’s AirPods case, but to make them work, you need to pair them with your phone first. However, before you pair them, you need to make sure that both AirPods are interchangeable. In other words, can you, for example, put AirPods Gen 1 in AirPods charging case Gen 2 and vice versa?
Here is what you need to know about that.
AirPods Gen 1 With AirPods Gen 2 and vice versa
When it comes to AirPods of generation 1 and AirPods of generation 2, they are both interchangeable with each other. The reason for this is that both cases have the exact same shape and exact same dimensions.
So if you have, let’s say, AirPods Gen 2, and you want to use a case of the AirPods Gen 1, then you’ll be perfectly fine. The only thing you will not be able to do with this case, is to charge it wirelessly, since the AirPods Gen 1 don’t have a wireless charging case.
The remaining AirPods
All other AirPods (Gen 3 & Pro) are not interchangeable with each other. The reason for this is that they don’t have a similar shape nor similar dimensions.
So you can’t use the components of one of these AirPods interchangeably with each other (except the lightning cable).
Get Yourself the New AirPod MAX
How To Pair Someone Else’s AirPod Case With Your AirPods
- Grab your iPhone/iPad and head to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the Info button next to your AirPods.
- Tap on Forget This Device to make sure your iPhone forgets your old AirPod Case.
The steps to pair your AirPods with someone else’s case to your iPhone are as follows:
- Put your AirPods in the charging case you’ve just grabbed from someone else.
- Take your iPhone/iPad and go to your Home Screen.
- Make sure to have the lid of the charging case open.
- An animation should now automatically appear on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap Connect.
How to Clean Someone Else’s AirPods Case Before Using it?
Before using someone else’s AirPod charging case, make sure to clean it before you start using it. But you might be wondering how to clean this case the proper way.
According to Apple, you can clean your AirPods and AirPods Max by “using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe”.
Here are instructions for cleaning your AirPods and AirPods Pro with isopropyl alcohol wipes:
- First of all, make sure to avoid the speaker mesh on AirPods.
- Do NOT use any sort of alcohol on the headband mesh and ear cushions of your AirPods Max.
- Do not clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or EarPods with products containing bleach or hydrogen peroxide.
- Do not allow moisture to enter the openings, and do not submerge your AirPods in any liquid.
- To clean your AirPods with water, make sure to only use a lint-free cloth dampened only by water. And do not ever spray water onto your AirPods, as moister may enter sensitive places.
Where can I find the Magnifier app on my iPhone?
To find the Magnifier app on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Swipe down from the middle of the screen to open the spotlight search.
- In the search bar at the top of the screen, type “Magnifier” and wait for the app to appear in the search results.
- Once you see the Magnifier app icon, tap on it to open the app.
Alternatively, you can also access the Magnifier app by following these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Locate the “Settings” app, which is represented by a gray gear icon, and tap on it to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility,” which is denoted by a white circle with a person inside.
- In the Accessibility settings, scroll down again and tap on “Magnifier.”
- Toggle the Magnifier switch to the on position. This will add the Magnifier functionality to the Control Center of your iPhone.
- To access Magnifier quickly, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (on iPhone X or later) or from the bottom of the screen (on iPhone 8 or earlier) to open the Control Center. You will see the Magnifier icon represented by a small magnifying glass – tap on it to open the Magnifier app.
That’s it! You have now found the Magnifier app on your iPhone either through spotlight search or by enabling it in the Control Center.
Consider reading the following articles
- Do AirPods Lose Battery When Not in Case?
- How To Stop Apps on Your iPhone From Tracking You
- Is the iPhone XR waterproof and what to do if it gets water damage
- How to screen record on your iPhone & iPad
- Ming-Chi Kuo: Apple will be ditching Lightning for USB-C in the iPhone 15